Most smokers choose to enjoy their weed in a joint or bong, however, many also decide to opt for a blunt as their method of choice. If you’re new to smoking blunts, you might be wondering how to light them properly.
Luckily, we’re here to help you do just that!
In this step-by-step guide, we’ll show you how to light a blunt the right way, as well as what you can use to light your blunt and the advantages of smoking blunts. So, let’s get started!
What Is A Blunt?
Blunts are cigars that have been filled with cannabis instead of tobacco. The wrappers from tobacco leaves can also be used to roll them (see also “Best Rolling Tobacco“).
While some enjoy the range of tastes found in cigarillos and blunt wraps, others prefer the extra buzz produced by the combination of cannabis and its tobacco wrap.
Cigars can hold a lot more pot because they are larger than the typical joint. A whole blunt is roughly comparable to six joints when smoked.
What Can I Use To Light A Blunt?
It goes without saying that having an even flame is the most important element of lighting a blunt. The roll will still need to be evenly lit even if you won’t be sticking it into the flame itself.
These are some options you can consider when lighting your blunt.
Traditional butane-filled lighters are one option. Even though they are the most commonly used method, they might not be the best option.
Although you’ll have good control over the lighter flame, some people may experience problems because butane is an allergen. Furthermore, the gasses that these lighters release may be bad for your skin, eyes, and lungs.
Using hemp wick will generally yield the best results. Beeswax has been applied on this thin road, making it the healthiest and greenest way to light your blunt.
You can avoid breathing in butane gas by using a hemp wick instead of a conventional lighter. Better still, because this is an organic substitute, it will aid in retaining the flavor of the cannabis.
You can light your blunt with matches as well. However, sulfur is used in the manufacturing of matches, which quickly taints the flavor of the cannabis.
If there is no other option, let the match burn for a few seconds before bringing your blunt close to the flame. The chemicals will burn off the match during this brief delay, reducing their negative effects.
How To Light A Blunt The Right Way
1. Choose The Right Side
Because blunts lack filters, they can be lighted from either end. However, it is typically advised to light the exposed side or the side with less weed. This is to keep the pot out of your mouth while smoking a blunt.
2. Bake Your Blunt
Once you’ve rolled your blunt, you should bake it before lighting it. This means running the light along the seams to seal the wrap together. Be sure to use the heat and not the actual flame.
3. Light The End
After baking your blunt, you can now light it up! Hold the blunt between your lips and position the flame at the end of the blunt.
There you have it! Your blunt is lit and now you can enjoy your smoke. Make sure you test it out with a few short hits first to make sure it’s lit properly and evenly. Once you know that it’s lit well, you can start taking longer inhales (see also “How To French Inhale“).
Advantages Of Smoking Blunts
There are a few reasons why some smokers prefer blunts over other smoking methods.
- Flavor and smell – Many blunt users appreciate the additional flavors and aromas that the tobacco leaf wrap brings. Some people enjoy combining wraps from various strains, while other blunt smokers enjoy experimenting with flavored blunt wrappers to further enhance the complexity of the flavor and aroma profiles they enjoy while smoking.
- Slower burn – Blunts typically burn longer than normal joints, providing smokers with a more leisurely experience. This makes blunts especially great for sharing with friends.
- Better high – A fresh and frequently intensified experience of being high is introduced by the tobacco leaf wrap. In fact, it’s not uncommon for people smoking blunts for the first time to feel a little overwhelmed by the potent effects of both tobacco and cannabis. But many fans of blunts prefer the buzz it gives.
- Versatility – Blunts are much more adaptable than other, less portable smoking techniques like a bong or dabbing. They’re simple to roll up anywhere, anytime, and they work equally well for both solo and group smoking.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Weed Should I Put In A blunt?
You’ll need more weed because blunts are larger than the typical joint. Usually, 1-2 grams should be sufficient for one blunt, though you might need more if you’re using a large cigar.
You should make adjustments based on how many people will be in your smoking circle.
What Do I Need To Roll A Blunt?
All you need to start rolling a blunt is your favorite strain of weed, a grinder, a cigar or blunt wrap, and a razor blade for breaking open cigars.
You can use any type of cigar you like, but make sure it isn’t too dry. A dry cigar will break easier and it’ll be more difficult to roll a decent blunt.
Lighting a blunt takes some practice, however, with a little patience and practice, you’ll be a master in no time!
Hopefully, this guide has told you everything you need to know about lighting blunts and answered any questions you might have about this smoking experience.
- What Is a Dab Mat? - May 9, 2023
- Buying Cannabis Online Vs. In-Person - April 27, 2023
- Advantages Of Buying Wholesale Marijuana - April 27, 2023